Monday, February 7, 2011

The Healing Love of a Child Valentine

Just when I think I could not possibly be more grateful for my kids than I already am, one of them goes and says something that astonishes me. Like tonight, when Darah and I were reading "Mouse's First Valentine" and Darah told me she would give me a valentine if we were growing up together.  After I read the book, I started telling a story about how when I was a very young little girl (of her age) I always wanted to get a valentine from someone (someone, not just anyone) but I never did.
Darah waited a moment and then melted my heart when she said, "Mommy, if I was a wittow tid when you wurh a wittow tid, den I would want to take tare of you. I would take tare of you and div you a vawentine." I'm almost in tears just thinking of how she said it and what she was expressing. Oh, precious child!  She's so wonderful. Children heal adults with their perfectness.

No comments: