Friday, May 11, 2012

Sharing the Love: A Letter from My Sister

This is a letter that my sister gave me in 2002. I rediscovered it, and am sharing it because I want to keep it on file someplace other than in my heart. Is this blog like a scrapbook? Is it a form of record-keeping? I'm just sharing the love!!


I’ll like you forever
I’ll love you for always
As long as I’m living
My sister you’ll be.


Dear Jessy,
            I can not tell you how proud of you I am.  You are the best performer out there, I cried watching you on that cross.  You bring so much life to that stage its unbelievable.  You really do have a gift.  But I would just like to apologize for not making tonight’s performance, and let you know how much I care about you.  Ever since we were little kids, I have always looked up to you.  Remember when I used to want to go wherever you were going, and you would always try and get away from me? Ha,ha. Well I still have that annoying desire to be close to you, believe it or not.  I quote Our Lady Peace, “No matter what you say, No matter what you do, No matter what I’m always right there behind you.”  At many times I have been a horrible sister and friend to you, but you have never given up on me and I thank you so much for that.  I haven’t tried my best to be there for you, but I would like another chance.  I will always support who you are and what you do, and I will never turn my back on you.  The truth is, I admire you more than anyone in the whole world, your strength.  You can get through anything, always remember that, and you will always have me beside you.  Congratulations on an outstanding imprint you have left on our school with your talents, you are amazing.  Thank you so much for ALWAYS being the best sister, and friend, anyone could ask for, and for never failing to give me another chance. I quote you when I say, “I love you more than myself.”
                                                                                    Love always,
                                                                                                Missy

No comments: