Monday, February 2, 2009

LGBT Literature in the High School Classroom: GLAAD Awards


Okay, I was looking at the WEHS page on Wikipedia and found this on it:
 
"WE has the largest gay and lesbian student population and has many programs in place to foster a safe and tolerant environment. They have won the GLAAD school of the year award for their promotion of the LGBT lifestyle."
 
It also says the English Department is now offering courses in LGBT literature.

What happened after I left? I wonder if ever I will have the honor of knowing.

And who spearheaded the LGBT movement at East? Its most exceptional star, of that I'm sure.

"Williamsville-E has the largest gay and lesbian student population [compared to what? how is this known?] and has many programs in place to foster a safe and tolerant environment [how many, and what are they?]. They have won the GLAAD school of the year award for their promotion [sounds like they are recruiting...] of the LGBT lifestyle."

Yes, promotion of the lesbian(etc) lifestyle. I like it. A lot. I'm alllllllll for it. It's my cup of tea. I just love to drink tea that promotes the lesbian lifestyle. I like to read books of the same variety. And gaze at similar stars. Shouldn't I have been invited, preferably as the date of the guest of honor, to this GLAAD celebration? I'm still waiting for a Certificate of Appreciation for my academic and other efforts. I suppose it's on fire, somewhere, in the heart of The Star.

Now that WEHS has come so far as to endorse and promote LGBT lifestyles, are they ready also to do the same with teacher-student relationships? I didn't think so. However, in my case, I feel we could have all celebrated it over a toast at a GLAAD ceremony.

I am so excited for WEHS. Maybe someday I'll be recognized for the role I played...

No comments: