Friday, February 27, 2009

Stuck on the Couch During First Trimester of Pregnancy


Have taken pre-natal vitamins before and during the first month of pregnancy. Can't take them anymore because of my nausea but still take a folic acid pill before bed.

Darah says "hi there" when she holds my cell phone to her ear(more like "hi teh"). I love it.

Being so sick all the time is humbling and traumatic. I decided to just pee in the bathtub yesterday because I felt too sick to get out and sit on the toilet. Pathetic, I know.

I have a REALLY hard time getting food out of the kitchen for Darah and/or me (just being in the kitchen makes my nausea worse). I cannot imagine eating anything. Maybe a cheddar cracker.

I have only had the nausea for a week, but it feels like it's been eternity. Two or three months to go, gods help me.

I have managed to keep food down for this first week. It is torture. I hate puking. I am doing everything - mentally - in my power to eat and keep the food down.

I am trying to show Sandy that I am strong by eating certain foods more than once. I am really struggling with that. I have had cream of wheat three mornings in a row, but I feel myself growing weak.

It's Feb 27 - week four or five of pregnancy. I weigh 101.5lbs.

No comments: